From Washington, D.C.
- take I-95 south toward Richmond
- near Richmond take I-295 south to I-64 east
- take I-64 east to Newport News
- take exit 255 (towards Jefferson Avenue)
- & then use exit 255A onto Jefferson Avenue ...
From Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- take I-64 west toward Richmond
- take exit 255A (Jefferson Avenue)...
Once on Jefferson Ave (143S)
- go to the 7th traffic light (approximately 1 mile)
- turn left onto Lawrence Drive (formerly Onnes Drive). This is the main entrance to Jefferson Lab.
- go approximately one block and turn right onto Kelvin Drive. That will take you by CEBAF Center.
Visitor parking is on your immediate left just before CEBAF Center.
If all Visitor parking spots are full, follow Kelvin Drive past/east of CEBAF Center to the large parking lot on the left just beyond CEBAF Center.
Access to buildings is by card key or under escort.
Proceed to CEBAF Center front doors. Follow instructions to gain entrance.
Effective July 18, 2016, the alternate access to Jefferson Lab from Hogan Drive to Rattley Road is closed while Rattley Road undergoes reconstruction. Patrons wishing to access the SURA Residence Facility should use the above directions and park in the CEBAF Center parking lot while Rattley Road is under reconstruction.