*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****: For all Users/Students coming to JLab to run shifts, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to plan for and indicate the expected date for any badging requirement (new or extensions) prior to your arrival.
To ensure a timely and efficient transition into the Lab, submittal of the Electronic Access Request Registration Form is required at least 10 days before the onsite arrival start date. Access will not be granted until all required validations and approvals are complete.
The JLab Registration/International Services Office informs the Badge Office to issue a JLab Identification/access badge to approved Users, Students/Teachers and Employees who have completed the registration/orientation process (see New Registration and Returning Foreign Nationals) and successfully completed the required training. Access levels on-site are granted through completion of required training courses for each area (see training).
The JLab identification/access badge must be worn at all times while on-site. Anyone on-site in possession of another person's identification/access badge is at risk of losing on-site access privileges for themselves and the valid identification/access badge holder.
A one-day temporary badge can be issued from the Guard Shack or Badge Office to any valid JLab identification/access badge holder on-site without a badge. Report all lost badges and direct all questions to the JLab Registration/International Services Office at (757) 269-7598.
Badge Office hours:
Monday - Friday:
8:15am - 12:00am
1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Dosimeter Information (on site only)
- ID Requirements
- B-1 Visa
- English Proficiency Test for J-1 Exchange Visitors
- J-1Exchange Visitors Arriving at a U.S. Port of Entry
- Social Security Card
- J-1 Non-immigrants Applying for a Social Security Number
- Unclassified Foreign Visits & Assignments
- U.S. Tax Information
- Virginia State Tax Information
- English as a Second Language
- Requirements for Receiving JLab Support
- Visa Document Guidelines Required for Travel Reimbursement for Foreign National Visitors
- Student Orientation Booklet
- International Visitors
- Mentoring JLab Students