The purpose of the Pressure Systems Committee (PSC) is to review, structure and provide Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) performance guidance related to pressure systems. This ensures compliance with 10 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 851 Workers Safety and Health Program, Subpart C.
This committee is an integral part of Jefferson Lab’s commitment to safety and quality as defined by the Lab’s Integrated Safety Management (ISM) and Quality Assurance (QA) programs. The committee serves as the jurisdictional authority to arbitrate issues of conflict related to pressure safety, ASME Code and Jefferson Lab policies.
The Committee is established by the Laboratory Director, and the Director has designated the following members:
- Engineering Division Manager
- Cryogenic Systems Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer for Superconducting Radio Frequency Structures
- Facilities Management Engineer
- Experimental Hall Engineer
- Environmental, Safety and Health Representative(s)
- Target Group Engineering Physicist
- Other technical experts as appointed by the chairperson