The Mechanical Systems Department provide a variety of design, engineering, technical, and fabrication services that support the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (TJNAF), a world leading nuclear physics research facility, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy. The Mechanical Systems Department is comprised of the Alignment & Metrology Group, Installation/Vacuum Group, the lab Machine Shop, Mechanical Engineering Group (with mechanical design services), and Document Control. These groups are utilized lab wide and service CEBAF, the Experimental Halls, and the SRF Institute, as well as Work for Others in support of other DOE National Labs.
ALIGNMENT & METROLOGY GROUP (MSSURV)
Alignment & Metrology Leader
INSTALLATION and VACUUM GROUP (MSINST)
Daily Work Schedule:
- Vacuum Group: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Installation Group: Monday - Friday - 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Installation and Vacuum Group Team:
- Anthony Dipette, Mechanical Installation Group Leader, 55/2500-67, (757) 269-7623, email@example.com
- Installation and Vacuum Team
MACHINE SHOP (MACHSP)
- Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Machine Shop Team:
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING GROUP (MSMECH)
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Alternate Work Schedules:
- Gary Hays, 4 x 9 hrs., 4 hr. Friday
- Chuck Hutton, 8 x 9 hrs., 8 hr, Friday off
- Ronald Lassiter, 4 x 10 hrs., Friday off
- Damon Rath, 8 x 9 hrs., 8 hr, Friday off
Mechanical Engineering Team:
- Tim Michalski, Department Head and Mechanical Engineering Group Leader, 55/2555, (757) 269-6523, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mechanical Engineering Team
Learn more about the team. Visit the Mechanical Engineering website.