Integrated Safety Management System
Welcome to Jefferson Lab's Integrated Safety Management website. This website provides a platform for active sharing of the ISM-related documents, tools and processes being utilized across the lab to accomplish the goals of ISM. On this site, you'll find documents and information on the innovative approaches being undertaken to improve safety management at Jefferson Lab.
click to enlarge
"Jefferson Lab considers no activity to be so urgent or important that we will compromise our standards for environmental protection, safety or health."
As you use the information contained on this site, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions, comments or recommendations.
Although critical, ISM is only one step towards achieving an outstanding safety culture. Other steps include:
- A wide array of tools (manuals, procedures and processes) that help us do our job safely.
- Motivated workers, who understand that safety is everyone's responsibility.
- Engaged management that ensures the safety culture and tools are constantly assessed and upgraded.
ISMS is about more than just working safely. It is a system that ensures the protection of the public, Jefferson Lab staff and users, the environment, and contributes to the overall quality of the important work done at the lab. The ISMS is only effective when the right tools are applied at the right time.
- Important ISM Links
- ISM Awareness Training Materials
- ISM Messages
- ISM Program Description
- ISM Presentations
- ISM Safety Toolbox
- ISM User Awareness Training Materials
- TJNAF Final August 2008
- Work Planning, Control and Authorization Flow Diagram